Studies show that more than 60% of us make New Year’s resolutions and, of those 60%, only 8% actually keep them. Why such a low rate of success? Experts believe the New Year’s resolution follow-through rate is because many of us make resolutions that we have very little chance of keeping. Additionally, the reason so many of us fail at keeping our resolutions is that we don’t have a solid plan in place. Whether you want to lose weight, make more money or pay off debt, having an effective strategy will greatly increase your chances of success.
New Year’s Resolutions Facts
With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the top New Year’s Resolutions that people have made and will more than likely make for the coming year. We’ll start with some New Year’s resolutions facts that just might surprise you:
- One of the top five New Year's resolutions is saving money and it is also in the top five for most commonly failed New Year's resolutions.
- More than half of all people who make New Year's resolutions will fail their resolution before January 31st.
- Women tend to make more health-focused New Year's resolutions.
- Men resolve to find a new job.
Top 10 Resolutions For The New Year
Now let’s take a look at some of the top New Year's resolutions and see if yours has made the list:
- Diet Or Eat Healthier ( 71% )
- Exercise More ( 65% )
- Lose Weight ( 54% )
- Save More And Spend Less ( 32% )
- Learn A New Skill Or Hobby ( 26% )
- Quit Smoking ( 21% )
- Read More ( 17% )
- Find Another Job ( 16% )
- Drink Less Alcohol ( 15% )
- Spend More Time With Family And Friends ( 13% )
So, how many of the New Year's resolutions on our top 10 list have you made in the past or are you going to make this year? Remember, whichever resolution you make, the key to success is careful planning and willpower.
Contact Mollie & Fred
To learn more about the top New Year’s resolutions, contact Mollie & Fred and shop a wide range of high quality, affordable gifts that your friends, family and loved ones will truly appreciate.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.