No matter what you relationship status is, Valentine’s Day is a special time of year when romance fills the air and the colour red is everywhere you look. Whether you are single, in a relationship, or your relationship status is ‘complicated’, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show that special someone in your life just how much you care.
With that being said, we are going to take a look at some incredible facts about this special time of year and give you a Valentine’s Day shopping tip that will save you both time and money and help make Valentine’s Day 2020 that much more special.
Valentine’s Day Facts
Here are some facts that you might not know about our favourite romantic holiday:
- More than 36 million boxes of chocolates are sold across the country during Valentine’s Day, with many of them in the shape of a heart.
- On average, men spend more than women on Valentine’s Day gifts. Almost twice as much! You can save money and find the perfect gift this Valentine’s Day by shopping online at Mollie & Fred.
- Every year, millions of people buy their pets a Valentine’s Day gift.
- Valentine’s Day is the second largest card giving day of the year, with Christmas taking the top spot.
- Surprisingly, teachers get the most Valentine’s Day cards, typically followed by children, mothers, wives, then girlfriends.
- The Valentine’s Day card was first mass produced in 1913 by Hallmark.
- Most men state that they would prefer to not receive anything on Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Flower Facts
What’s Valentine’s Day without the flowers? Here are some interesting flower facts and statistics about Valentine’s Day!
- Mother’s Day is the only other day that beats Valentine’s Day in floral sales.
- Red roses are the most likely flower to be purchased.
- Young people are leading the trend in floral sales.
- 18% of women sent themselves flowers last year.
Most Searched Flower On Valentine’s Day:
- Rose (with almost 3 million searches!)
Valentine’s Day Shopping Tip
If you are looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for Valentine’s Day 2020, make it easy on yourself and shop the wide range of beautifully inspired gifts at Mollie & Fred. Not only will you find the perfect gift for that special person in your life, but you will save time and money as well!
Contact Mollie & Fred
To learn more Valentine’s Day Facts and how to find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for 2020, contact Mollie & Fred and shop a wide range of high quality, affordable gifts that your friends, family and loved ones will truly appreciate.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.